Saturday, October 24, 2009

Antioxidant Lotion

Using a skin healthy antioxidant lotion can make a difference in the appearance of your skin. Genetics accounts for about 10% of your aging skin, the other 90% is environmental. Antioxidants protect cells from the damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are to the skin what termites are to wood. Some skin protecting antioxidants are:
  • Vitamins C, A, E
  • Selenium
  • Coenzyme Q10
  • Alpha-lipoic acid (antioxidant found in foods)
Green and white tea have been showing some promising results in recent studies as having skin protecting properties. Antioxidant rich lotions can help to reduce wrinkles and protect the skin from sun damage. Be a label reader to be aware of ingredients in your skin care products. Look for antioxidants to keep your skin healthy and younger looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment